Red root floaters

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Havent posted any photos in a while so today took the camera and decided to take some decent shots of the floaters. Floaters include Frogbit/duckweed and my favorite red root :)
Amazing how fast the red root spreads after it gets used to the tank.

Enjoy
full top

Why they call red root:evil_lol:

Heres Rotala macrandra thats starting to grow emersed :)

Reactions: Alvin28

marl_nyc

AC Members
Jul 8, 2008
Queens, NY
Those Red Root Floaters are beautiful BK! Can't wait to get mine! :) Any tips on growing them and keeping them healthy?

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Sweet photos, Yuriy. The plants are beautiful.

(Now where am I going to put those?)

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks jm

Those Red Root Floaters are beautiful BK! Can't wait to get mine! :) Any tips on growing them and keeping them healthy?
I cant wait to send yours out lol My tank is hella dark right now with all the plants.
Keeping them healthy? hmm when i first got mine (4-5 tiny pieces) they all lost the roots and somewhat melted. Eventually i noticed new leaves spouting but they were all green and there were no red roots. After a few months the plants started to grow small roots and would get pinkish. The more the plant matures, the more pink it gets. Very awesome plant :)
Give it good light, tank with good nutrient supply and it will spread fast (make sure there isnt 2 much surface movement)

Sweet photos, Yuriy. The plants are beautiful.

(Now where am I going to put those?)
:evil_lol::evil_lol::evil_lol:
Thanks Susan
When it gets warmer ill be sure to send you some :)

Great shots, nice healthy plants.
Thanks Rich, wish i had your camera to get them clearer micro shots

Mokomon

You can call me Sharon :)
Oct 16, 2008
N.H.
Beautiful floaters!!

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
:evil_lol::evil_lol::evil_lol:
Thanks Susan
When it gets warmer ill be sure to send you some :)
You're so good to me, Yuriy. I really do want them, too. If nothing else, it's an excuse to set up another tank. Flimsy excuse, maybe.. but good enough for me. ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store