red tail shark

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Alasse

AC Members
Oct 21, 2011
QLD, Australia
Real Name
Rebecca
I've kept several over my 30+ yrs of fishkeeping, never had any issue with them and their tankmates. If a RTS is comfortable and not stressed in that they are calm, vibrant coloured, and will be quite happy in a 29gal tank. If you have one that is zooming around and not in full colours, something is wrong and i dont mean tank size. If you have one that needs to jump out again its is not happy. Mine never attempted escape, alway in full colouration (no greying out), was calm and peaceful with tankmates. I would happily keep one in a 29gal long term. (and will be adding another to this tank soon as its replanted)

Jumko

AC Members
Jun 18, 2004
Jersey
Visit site
Real Name
Patrick
Many years ago I kept one in a 29g with two female convicts without any real problems. Granted the tank was STACKED with rocks and had numerous hiding places for all the fish. Currently I have one in a 55g and she's surprisingly not aggressive at all. I can't tell if it's because she's still young (about 3") or if she doesn't feel the need to be territorial in a large tank.

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Well, thanks for the replies. In the end my friends mom decided to not let him get into the hobby because he has already had fish. (yep, the classic goldfish in a bowl).

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
they are super super super active...........i used to have mine in a 20G until it got to 4" and then i put it into my 72G and it grew to 7".............i can't imagine something that big in a 29G.......it prob. needs at least a 40B
edit; saw earlier post......can't dfelete post:(

cancel that

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store