Reef log/Diary

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nick540

AC Members
Feb 13, 2007
Looking very good, thanks for sharing the process. I cant wait to see what happens next.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Very sharp!

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
I'd forgotton what fun Diatoms were!!! I have 2 little hermits that had hitched a ride on the rock from the current tank who are having an absolute field day in there. Today the 2nd Koralia 4 went in and another thing I have to say about these powerheads is the amount of lead you get on them. I don't know about you guys but I often find that the lead isn't always long enough to get from the tank all the way down the outside and to a socket!!! I have another 20kg of liverock being delivered on Friday so then it's just a matter of time waiting for the cycle and then I can transfer the fish across. I'm probably doing the slowest acclimatisation ever, once a day I take a jug of water from old tank and put it into the new tank and vise versa. Hopefully not only will this help in getting any good "bugs" across but will also help my tankmates get used to their "new" water. Obviously once I start getting any change in params then I'm not going to transfer anything with amm, Ates and Ites in it!! Current readings are PH 8.23, Ites zero, Ates zero, Amm zero, Phosphates zero, Calcium 490, SG 1.025. Because I'd already cured the new rock and transferred the majority of my current rock and sand I may not have much of a cycle but I'm sure all that will change when the extra rock goes in. Here's some piccies of those lovely Diatoms and a full tank shot!!

new tank 028.jpg new tank 029.jpg new tank 030.jpg

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
Well the last load of rock arrived this morning and I'd forgotton just how good live rock could look. There is now 70 kg of rock in there and I have a couple of large pieces to transfer with the fish plus there's a bit in the sump as well. Here's a few pictures (still a bit cloudy).
new tank 032.jpg

new tank 033.jpg

new tank 031.jpg

Now I've just got sit back and wait for any cycle!!!

new tank 032.jpg new tank 033.jpg new tank 031.jpg

5xevy

Member #62,749
Jan 3, 2007
Upstate, NY
I love reef logs, thanks for sharing. So how's your toe doing??

The LR looks great and I'm glad you're enjoying your MHs- they'e quite an addition. Bet you didn't miss the diatom algae, huh? :D

Haha- be prepared to run out of salt a lot more quickly than you're used to! I try to buy at least 3 buckets at a time since I used to get "stuck."

I have to ask...what are "bacon butties?"

Edit- I just found this...
http://www.answers.com/topic/bacon-butty

At least you gave your LFS guy and neighbor a healthy meal while they were lugging around all that heavy equipment! ;)

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
I have to ask...what are "bacon butties?"

Edit- I just found this...
http://www.answers.com/topic/bacon-butty

At least you gave your LFS guy and neighbor a healthy meal while they were lugging around all that heavy equipment! ;)

sheesh.......just reading it is making me want to get out the frying pan and get some made...proper food.....

Niko

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store