Refill w/ bucket

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

stevent

AC Members
Feb 19, 2010
Any tips to prevent water from splashing when refilling my aquarium with a bucket?

FINJOY

AC Members
Dec 2, 2008
SURE, LAY SOME CLEAR NO PRINT WHITE PAPER OR EVEN A CLEAN PIECE OF CLOTH ON TOP OF THE WATER LEVEL AND THEN POUR YOUR WATER IN........

iheartbettas

AC Members
Sep 9, 2010
Detroit Metro area, Michigan
Real Name
Bernie
you can use a large wide mouthed jar or large cup. something that will be strong enough to deflect the water and just overflow the smaller container but won't splash the bottom. make sure it's large enough to absorb the force from the water hitting it.

yss

AC Members
Jan 2, 2012
Northern VA
Real Name
Yun
Just pour slowly.

Jill-O

All American Girl (all grown up)
Python :)

coach_z

AC Members
Jan 12, 2009
NJ - Northern
Real Name
Chris
depends on the size of the tank and the bucket.

I have a 2 gallon bucket that i can pour with only one hand. i use my other had to 'catch' the water before it hits the surface. it deflects the water enough. If you have a slightly wider tank you can actually fit some buckets in the tank and then you dont have to pour so slowly. But the easiest thing to do is put a large plate in the tank and then aim for it. Besides that, get a python.

you can also use a bucket and then put a powerhead in it. and attached to the powerhead is a length of tubing aimed to the tank. Plug her in and your bucket should be empty in no time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store