release of alien fish into rivers

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
...lol...then we're into releasing a predator for that and a predator for that and one for that etc...

mother nature is not the old woman who swallowed a fly :)

Last edited:

kw0me

AC Members
Feb 13, 2007
What if the predator doesnt eat the fish you want and eats something else?

only good introduced species i can think of is the dung beetle to australia...or we'd be up to our necks in cow dung.

TimmyB42386

PO'd Crawdad
Dec 15, 2006
New Jersey
Perfect example of what introducing a "predator" into a lake or other eco system:

NILE PERCH

If it's going to eat the cichlids or carp, you know **** well it will eat anything else in the water including native species that are very important to the eco system.

Also all of the mosquito fish.... that turned out so well... haha

Toirtis

Keeper of strange fishes
,do u think these fish pose a real freat or should be left because they are much more impresive than the zero natives we had before?

Quite a serious threat...you live in Oz and should be familiar with what introduced species (Cane toads, rabbits, cats, rats) can do.

chefjamesscott

beware the house tiger
May 28, 2008
i would make a comparison to the whole geneticly modification of foods

for example crossing the ebola virus with bananas and then feeding it to people as a way to vacinate them to it CAN WE SAY THE MOVIE I AM LEGEND

i really think that non native species are a plague here in canada we have a serious issue with zebra mussles wiping out things in the great lakes and yes the rabbits in oz what a mess

this will sound really bad but i would fill my tank with bleach first before i ever released any non native fish into saskatchewan waters not that i would not do my best to rehome them but imagine if red belly pacu were introduced to water where they would be able to survive what a horror story that would be

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store