Removal of anemone from rock?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

blinxxpunk182

I LOVE MY AQUARIUM :)
Nov 9, 2007
Rhode Island
lol. ive also discovered that mine doesnt like alot of light shining on him and if you position the rock higher or lower in the tank he will move and you can catch him then

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
may i suggest doing what i did? rinse off a rubber glove (i say rinse to make sure there is no powder or any substance on it) and put it on. then gently pry it off by using slow motions by moving your hand from side to side. ive tried the powerhead and it did nothing. be sure not to squeeze the anemone though because they can release a goo or gel and it can be bad for the tank and you could also kill him.

Personally I'd not advise this. One, there are latex gloves you can get that don't have chemicals on or in the rubber. I'd not use gloves that weren't powder/chemical free or gloves that had ever been exposed to anything other than the tank. More importantly I would not pry off an anemone. Never ever.

Fishie Nut

AC Members
Feb 27, 2008
Los Angeles
I agree with Grinns. Prying is NG unless you get an opening in the foot where you can put a small rounded plastic spoon -- like an infant spoon under it and try to losten it that way.

I've tried ice, and it just shrinks into its little hole in the rock. Ultimately I'll lose patience with it and do something drastic, but for now I'm trying my damnest to get it loose.

Here's a pic. I large on on the right just split, so now I've got three RTBA. Anyone want one -- LOL!

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
hmm that's funny i thought you said you didn't get the ritteri...
Ya my gf surprised me with it and I couldn't be like ohh no what did you do that for? I wear hypo-allergenic gloves when I am dealing with things that may sting me in my tank. I got it out and returned it yesterday. I kind of tickled it's foot gently and it started to come off and then he just let go and it was fine...the key is to be GENTLE.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store