Rena Filstar Problem - Son, I am dissapoint..

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JamieB

JamieB
Oct 9, 2005
currently in another Orbit
I agree that paying for return shipping on a warranty replacement before anything is determined is kinda bunk...

Sorry about your luck though... The Rena XP series really is a great filter if you learn all the little tricks to make sure it stays in top order. Make sure you push down hard & firmly on the valve assembly when you push down the locking handle. You'll never have this issue again if you do this. Like I said before, I almost did the same exact thing and it's an easily preventable issue. Don't give up on that XP3 yet!
I agree I had the Rena XP3 filter going on four years and never a problem,try the recommendations that are offered here and you will be surprised at what great performance this filter can achive for your aquarium....Good Luck!

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
I currently maintain over a dozen Rena Xps of various sizes. Never had that problem, but I have on occasion found that the lever didn't want to go down and lock in the hoses. Pushing the disconnect down into the recess a bit harder solved it.
thats my 1st thought. some times it seems in and just not really locked into place. you sure its really broken and just not getting locked in there correctly. if its off it wont pull back down to release the water.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store