Rena XP3

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chucke

AC Members
Oct 19, 2007
York, Pa
I know everyone says theres no such thing as to much filtration but would a RENA XP3 be too much for a little ole 20 gallon tank? I have HOB filters that are rated for the 20 but want to hide the filter.
While i am here i also want to know What you would put in a 20gallon.

Thanks!

dshipl01

DCichlidDude
Nov 10, 2009
Youngsville NC
The XP3 would have NO problem keeping the tank clean. Make sure you use the spray bar instead of the power jet for the return. If you use this filter, I am sure you can remove the rest. Have Fun!

joel.uejio

AC Members
Jun 1, 2009
Real Name
Joel
:iagree:
The power jet would only be good if you wanted a 20g whirlpool :) with the spray bar you would have plenty of filtration and probaly a pretty moderate amount of turbulence.

chucke

AC Members
Oct 19, 2007
York, Pa
I already own the rena xp3 and do not have money for another one. I know they are rated for like 100+ gallons but I still want that hidden filter look. I guess all I can do is set it up and see. And if I don’t like it I can just use one of my HOT filters.

I have Rocks that are from a saltwater setup from like last year if I scrub them good and rinse I should be good is what im thinking.

Thank you, and what about that stocking list? I wanted apistos but don’t think I have the water for it since I live in the city, thinking of some tetras and a small sucker fish.

ferrettim

AC Members
Nov 10, 2009
Columbia, SC
ive got an xp1 on my 20 gallon...u should be fine if you turn the flow down. if you still have the extra piping you should have a valved pipe in there you could use no problem. either that or the spray bar should work.

stratusfearrr

AC Members
Feb 25, 2009
just cut the outflow down a little bit and you should be fine

chucke

AC Members
Oct 19, 2007
York, Pa
Thanks guys.

extra filtration is GOOD! haha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com