rescaping my 10 gallon.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
i ended up taking a cartlidge from an established tank that had more than one filter on it. im probably going to order the ferts probably next week i just gotta sell my sisters hamsters first(she got tired of them so im selling them and get to keep the money). ill be getting rid of the chain sword and replacing it with pygmy chain sword. hopefully it will take of fast. ill probably switch the lights too unless mine are good. for anybody who wants to know, here's the stocking i plan on having.
2-sparkling gouramis
6-green neon tetras
6-kuhli loaches(will these rip up any plants?)
1-sewellia lineola loach

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
I don't think a sewellia will do well in the tank. They like being in groups and need a bigger tank. Research about them before getting them. 10g is too small for 6 kuhli and they like digging.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
vanillarum is the person im buying from. they said a 10 gallon is fine and they didnt mention anything about groups, but ill ask them. ill skip the kuhlis then. will corys disturb any of my plants? corydoras habrosus or whatever theyre called, not pygmy corys, but the other kind that are small.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
i mean i can back out, but why ditch the loach? i asked the guy if they need groups, he hasnt replyed yet, but these only get 2 inches so i dont see them needing more then a 10 gallon tank.

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
i mean i can back out, but why ditch the loach? i asked the guy if they need groups, he hasnt replyed yet, but these only get 2 inches so i dont see them needing more then a 10 gallon tank.
They get to be almost around 2.5 to 3. I think you should really research before you buy them. You don't want to end up with a dead loach.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
no i dont. ill continue asking him questions, but ive looked them up and havent found much. there arent any cool plecos or ottos i could get for the tank that arent too expensive are they?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store