Resealing Help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
ok so I picked this tank up for 10$!

it measures 72inx13x22in ..so 90 gallons ish?

It has had a corner broken and repaired,and the same seam that was repaired blew out...how do i go about fixing it?..is it worth it? ...should it hold water?!....not sure what to do but im willing to put in the time to see if i can get it safe to hold water.

its rimless glass and its HEAVY!.

I already bought a glass scraper and silicone.

this is the repaired corner

and the busted seem

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
Did they cut out and square piece and silicone that in? It looks like it would be best to replace that whole back panel.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
Did they cut out and square piece and silicone that in? It looks like it would be best to replace that whole back panel.
yeah it looks like it...and there is no way i can afford to get a peace of glass to replace the back panel

SubluxT7

Biology Major
Jul 29, 2006
Virginia Beach, VA
Real Name
Sandra
+1

I dont think ide risk filling that with water the way it is. Save up and when u can get a big enough peice to replace it go for it!

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
..or ill just seal it up so it looks better and sell it as a reptile tank..no way will i have the money to buy new glass..

thank you for your impute i was just looking to see if it was even worth it.

aclarino

AC Members
Jun 6, 2011
Hi. I dont know much about building aquariums or anything, but would it be possible to replace that back panel with acrylic? I dont know if that would be more expensive but its a thought.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store