Restarting with my BC14

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
After losing my pair of GBRs ive decided to go a different route, ive sunk enough money trying to get some nice breeding rams and now im moving on to something else. any ideas on what i could do? I want either something that is going to breed in my planted tank and look nice, or just a nice community.

an idea ive had is:
5 dwarf cories
6 or so schooling fish (any ideas on tight schoolers?)
a centerpiece fish
3-4 top-dwellers (hatchetfish)

im open to pretty much anything besides rams. im :devil::devil::devil::devil:ed off at rams i dont want to try them again for quite a while.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
ya, i was thinking a dwarf, cuz the red and blues would match with a group of neons, but i hear that neons dont really school all that tightly and arnt that active.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
Would the gourami be enough to do make some schooling?

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
what size is your tank? and if you dont mind me asking where do you get your rams from? ive been trying to find quality rams online for quite some time now...
Its a 14g biocube. And I tried petco, they were crappy lines and they either killed each other or just died outright. I've got one survivor that I've had for 2 months but he looks like butt. I got my pair from a family owned store. They bought theirs from a breeder. Beautiful lines, great genetics. Two days later the female died, the next evening I came home to find the male also dead...

Sent from my SGH-T589 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
Id be down for some dwarf cichlids but after seeing how hard my rams failed id be scared to try any apistos. I really want something that breeds and cares for young tho, I love that cichlid trait

Sent from my SGH-T589 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
what about a puffer and cory combo? i know this would work with dwarf puffers, but what about with a red eyed puffer?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store