RESUN EF-2800U Canister filter Review and Test.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mr Fresh

Registered Member
Apr 15, 2011
I read this review and had to join.
I have been running the resun 2800 canister for nearly a year now, and I'm surprised you had so much trouble with yours.

sure the priming exercise was not as easy as a unit with a self priming pump but mt experiance setting up this unit was nowhere near as difficult as yours.

also mine runs completely silent, quieter than my fluval 305 actually, I honestly havn't had this much value out of a canister ever, matter of fact my only issue so far is finding a surface skimmer big enough to handle the massive flow from this unit.

my tank is a 6x2x2' containing:

4 neon tetra
5 glowlight tetra
3 serpe tetra
3 flyspeck hardyheads
2 ghost faced black knife fish, one at 4", and another at about 11"
2 clown loach
2 albino bristlenose
6 discuss
2 glasshouse catfish
2 borneo suckers
1 albino rainbow shark
1 albino cory catfich
1 crown tail fighter
1 rainbow
5 boney brim
20 empire gudgeons

it seems to handle the bio load easily, my water is always crystal clear.

I am soon to be setting up custom pvc filtration pipes with the tank bottom drilled, as with this unit I see no reason to upgrade to a sump, but the stock piping does leave a little to be desired.

KuhliaDTR

Registered Member
May 9, 2011
Hi everyone that has contributed to this post. I recently acquired a second hand one of these units and it has a leaking o-ring. Does anyone know where you can get replacement parts like the orings or taps for these cannisters. Prefer Aus but can easily order over the net if need be.
Dave

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store