RIP BGK

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rcaterin1

Hmmm.. What to say
Jan 12, 2006
edmonton,alberta
He has gone to a better place...I only had him for 6 days... found him at the bottom of the tank this morning ...

I checked my parameters... ammonia 0 rite 0 rate 15...

He seemed to be pretty week when i brought him home. i tried my best to provide him some cover and minimized my lighting but i guess it just wasnt meant to be.

I did notice that he wasnt eating ( any suggestions on how i can encourage appetite for future reference... i tried flakes, sinking shrimp pellets and freeze dried blood worms... but alas no luck)

RIP little buddy... we will miss you

cmartin

Extra tanks - no place to setup :(
Mar 14, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Young BGK often die from starvation - they just cannot compete for food when they are very small and timid.

Frozen bloodworms are what I feed as a staple for my young Ghosties... never turned down.

rcaterin1

Hmmm.. What to say
Jan 12, 2006
edmonton,alberta
Young BGK often die from starvation - they just cannot compete for food when they are very small and timid.

Frozen bloodworms are what I feed as a staple for my young Ghosties... never turned down.
Thanks for the tip... i will have to go pic some up.... i picked up another this morning...is there a big difference in frozen compared to freeze dried??? also, can i do anything to ensure that he does eat.. his tank mates seem to eat everything before he gets the chance to come out of hiding. would he be still to small to try and hand feed him??? i dont want this one to starve too...

zachjohnson65

AC Members
Mar 31, 2007
Staunton, VA
try to keep the tank on the dark side. Reduces stress and natrual environment is darker waters.

rcaterin1

Hmmm.. What to say
Jan 12, 2006
edmonton,alberta
try to keep the tank on the dark side. Reduces stress and natrual environment is darker waters.
Cool... thanks for the tip... this might be a problem as i do have plants... i want to make him an artificial cave... any suggestions on that?? i have seen others use a plastic tube?? how would i go about that??

rcaterin1

Hmmm.. What to say
Jan 12, 2006
edmonton,alberta
guess what??? the BGK i got yesterday... found at the bottom of the tank this morning... WTF.. checked the parameters again... ammo 0 rite 0 rate 15... i starting to think its the stock at the store ( stupid pjs pets).. errrrrrrrrr

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store