RIP green terror :(

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
acutally i was going to do it without gloves... why you say gloves? hmm. and i am geting a test kit soon. well next friday.

2latinaz

AC Members
Nov 7, 2006
Am I being trolled or am I being livebrearerfreaked? If you can't understand why you would need gloves, then it's more the reason not to cut open a diseased fish. Really hope you aren't using kitchen utensils...

Take your water to a fish store. They'll test it for you. This isn't something that should wait a week, especially since a fish just died. You'll still need the kit, but it's best to get answers as soon as you can. You don't want to risk it! Part of keeping fish is being able to be prepared for something like this. Water can't speak English, so that's why we test it on a regular basis.

If its disease, then you may have to look into treating whatever else was in the aquarium as well. Does the description of the dead fish match anything here: http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?169765-Freshwater-Disease-Guide

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
Cloudy Eyes
Symptoms:
Eyes appearing to have cloudy white or grey "haze" that may cause blindness.

Causes:
Poor water quality, malnutrition, severe stress, overproduction of slime coating, cataracts, old age

yes matched this one.

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
well next friday.
That's the right thinking. A fish suddenly dies. Symptoms show that toxic ammonia levels (btw, usually the burning symptoms are at the high end of the ammonia chart) has good potential for being the problem. Rather then rush out and get a free test done, you figure cut open a fish (nothing wrong with it but not sure what you hope to accomplish by doing it...it won't solve your current potential problem) and wait till Friday. :eek:

Keep in mind, your other fish aren't showing any symptoms but neither was your GT until it took the sudden turn.

Last edited:

2latinaz

AC Members
Nov 7, 2006
So deal with the causes as best you can for now. Get that kit ASAP so you know what you're dealing with. Make a habit out of testing your water. Hopefully the water changed will help, but only a test can confirm if the loss of scales could've been caused by ammonia.

Also, when you do get your test kit (or you're able to get your water tested), test your tap water.

countrychick

Save a horse, ride a cowboy
Feb 2, 2009
somewhere in the sticks
Despite you being advised not to get this fish as you have trouble with the ones you have....here you are about to cut open one of them. I seriously doubt you have the education to be able to know what exactly was wrong with the fish anyway, so why bother cutting it. It is safe to assume that you are doing it for the attention, seeing as how you ask the same questions over and over and have yet to follow any advice given.

2latinaz

AC Members
Nov 7, 2006
I think they may mean the advice you have been getting from several members from all the threads you make. I think everyone's just frustrated.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store