RO/DI working?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AfishIonado

AC Members
Feb 26, 2012
Oklahoma
Also my RO/DI produces waste water and I'm not a huge fan of wasting all that water and I saw on tv the zero water filter that claims to produce zero tds.... Could I use the zero filter to filter my waste water from my RO/DI and save the water?

I'm sure my water bills already killing me and I'm only in it abt 20 gal of pure water

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
IMO, no you should not add anything to a new tank. There is no reason to be concerned with pH until you start stocking the tank and even then I seriously doubt pH will be a problem for you. If you get to the point where you load the tank with corals and may need to dose, your pH might need to be taken into account. Get the tank going and test the pH in the morning, afternoon and at night (lights out) to see what your range is across the course of a day.

Jody

AC Members
Jul 28, 2010
Newfoundland, Canada
+1 on the above

This zero TDS filter sounds like a DI cartage and you already have this, if you used a DI cartage only on your hard water i bet it would be used up very fast , wast water is the downfall in any RO unit only way to reduce the wast water is to increase the pressure with a booster pump and there's also a recycling unit you can get it just diverts some of the wast water back to the inlet side of the RO unit. The wast water is where all the wast is why try and reclaim it ?

Jody

AC Members
Jul 28, 2010
Newfoundland, Canada
A RO unit is a water pig , on average your looking at 4-5 Gal. of wast water to every 1 Gal. of RO water

A booster pump is only good option then your at 1.5-2.5 Gal of wast water to 1 Gal RO water

efficiency is affected by water pressure and temperature

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store