Room Humidity

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bdobosz

Jan 2, 2005
Does anyone have problems with their tanks raising the humidity levels in their home. I have a larger tank in the basement of my house and sometime when I come home I feel like I am walking into a tropical climate. Just wondering if anyone else has that issue. Don’t really want mold forming…

msouth468

Fighting for the little guy
Nov 29, 2005
Iowa
couchpotatodx.proboards66.com
Is the tank not covered? You may have the temp of the water to high causing more evaporation than normal. Covering the tank will make a big difference.

CBTF

;(
Jan 2, 2006
Toronto, Canada
you know i wondered about this.. but no, it shouldn't be really humid.. how big is the tank? and like the others said, covered?

bdobosz

Jan 2, 2005
I have a 210G in my basement and a 55G on the main floor. both are covered with glass tops with some openings in back for equipment. Water level usually drops by about an inch on the 55G over the course of a month probably similar on the big tank as well. Both tanks are in the 75 degree range.

hurricanejedi

AC Members
Apr 4, 2005
Raleigh, NC
www.flowerspride.com
I actually hope my aquarium raises the humidity a little otherwise I need to get a little fountain. Everytime my cats go to sniff my hand their little noses get shocked. A little humidity in the air should fix this.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store