Rope fish help!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
I'd say 55g minimum.. more is better.

I used PVC pipe for a while, but it was pretty ugly, whenever it was uncovered it looked pretty bad.

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
Wow..36 inches.... :eek:

If I had of known as much as I know now through experience with them before I purchased them, I can honestly say I would have never gotten them. I feel they really should be left to a species tank.

Blue
yep.. big babies.
I got mine 4-5 months ago at 7" and now she's 12"-13".

Prescu

AC Members
Sep 17, 2007
Thanks for the heads up about the PVC pipe looking ugly in the tank. I found this online and was thinking maybe that'll help make it look nicer if it gets uncovered, http://www.aquariumlife.net/projects/diy-decoration/99.asp. I've kept a Rope fish for a while before (he, of course, managed to escape into my sink and after I put him back in he showed signs of Ich the next day and didn't make it). Of course I want to try again and my new tank is fully sealed (60 gallons so he'll have room). I was just wondering if they'd even take to the PVC pipe, or if that's just something an eel would enjoy?

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
You could silicone some pebbles/rocks to the PVC, that'd probably work.

Prescu

AC Members
Sep 17, 2007
That's what I was thinking of doing. I'm also considering just angling some flat rocks in the front of the tank to create a cave for him (he'll always be visible that way too). Should make it easier to clean as well. I'll test it out and see how it looks. Thanks for all the help, I'll post pics once I do decide what to do and finally get my rope fish.

azndragoon

AC Members
Aug 27, 2007
I have a 45 gallon tank with some angelfish, and there mostly plant in the tank

azndragoon

AC Members
Aug 27, 2007
so far it been piggier with what i feed it.

azndragoon

AC Members
Aug 27, 2007
thx for the advice

thx for the advice, it really help out a lo, I have two rope fish, and they are so active even in the day time.... that that normal?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store