ropefish tankmates

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

trafty7

AC Members
Sep 18, 2005
thank you...im really excited about them after watching them for a couple mins in the LFS! cheers all

jakedc3

AC Members
May 17, 2010
arvada, co
would a ropefish get along with a large pleco?
or a small one? i have both, and want to get two ropefish in the same tank.
its a 75. i made it tight as i could today.

venarius

AC Members
Jan 21, 2009
Def not the snails. Ropefish snack on them. I threw a decent sized one in my tank, and within a day he was through the shell and a few days later there was nothing left.

venarius

AC Members
Jan 21, 2009
And for some reason I think he might have been attacking my congo tetras at night... lost two of them in the first 4 days he was in the tank... and I would see him take them down to the bottom (once dead) and eat them.

Its really cool to watch them eat 'live' food like this though, he grabs [whatever] and shakes vigorously with all of his body to try to 'tear' pieces off.

Otherwise I just feed him bloodworms and Shrimp. Those he juts sits there and bites casually.

Dieprophezeiung

^^ also my gamertag
Jul 13, 2010
auburn, alabama
Real Name
Charlie
Def not the snails. Ropefish snack on them. I threw a decent sized one in my tank, and within a day he was through the shell and a few days later there was nothing left.
Thats weird. I have a rope fish in my tank and i used to have 2 mystery snails. (they died but were not eaten.. found them floating at the top and they stayed like that for a couple of days.. :22_yikes: they did have babies before they died tho. we will see if any survive) But i DID have 8 black tetras and i noticed one day i only had 5. and one of the 5 was missing his tail!! that was about 2 weeks ago, needless to say i now have no tetras.. lol. so YES they will eat your small fish!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store