rose anemone?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
if you arent able to feed them at night for any reason (perhaps you go out for a night on the town a few nights a week? haha) they will usualy open up when you feed the tank also. just the scent in the water makes their feeders open.

also, one more comment about liquid foods and dts and such: i dont feed any of it because IMO, it is all a wast of money. i dont have anything that depends on phyto, but i do know some people who dose it to their tanks because they have zoos and mushrooms.... but let's be reasonable... a tablespoon of dts is going to be extremely diluted throughout ANY sized tank. so the changes that zoos or anythign else, which although most water, such in and take out water so slowly it could barely make a diffference before your skimmer removes it. also, look at how much y;oru skimmer removes. do you really want to/think you need to add more? just my opinion on the subject. but of course, there are a lot of things (such as your sponge) which DOES need it.

Mr.Firemouth

FIREMOUTH WIZARD
Nov 29, 2002
ST.Louis Area
Visit site
That is why you should kill the circ pumps for one to two hours when you feed such products. I use the timer on the stove so I remember to go turn everything back on. Proper sized foods will enhance corals dramatically if fed correctly.

I remove the algae from the glass first...Phyto?...then add a amino acid supplement like creatin or liquid vitamin...then wait 10 minutes so everyones feeder tentacles are out then ad decapsulated brine shrimp eggs and mysis shrimp.

Then after about an hour I turn everything back on. I have oysters, angel wing clams, and tunicates surviving for now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store