Ryukin: Floaty Issues + Shipping?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ksane

aka TwistedPenguin
Mar 1, 2008
Oklahoma, USA
Oh man. He just doesn't look so good, does he?
I was given a Goldfish a year ago that could've been his twin. The one I was given had been swimming/floating upside down for at least 6 months & his stomach was literally ruptured open. I assume from being exposed to air so much of the time. He was given to me with the request to "feed him zuchinni or whatever you do to make them better". I was sick. I put the fish down with clove oil that night. My God zuchinni wasn't going to fix that.
It just makes me cringe to see those pictures, so sad. I want you to have him and that would be his best bet but I just don't have a lot of hopes that he's going to be in good enough shape to ever ship. I'm going to send some prayers your way anyway. Good things happen to good fish and good people. This situation has both.

Flaringshutter

Befriend a feeder!
Oct 17, 2006
Southern California
Yikes, definitely no shipping for that little dude! I think that keeping him in the floating basket is definitely a good idea - if only it had a top and some stones inside to make it sink a bit and keep that goldie's belly underwater. I agree that the squared off shape is certainly not normal. In this situation I would start feeding an antibacterial med, as I suspect it's an internal bacterial infection that is causing fluid retention and the bloating. He's not pineconed so it's not organ failure, that's the good news. :) Some good antibacterial food, perhaps some peas and a few days of fasting in between those hearty meals might just clear up the belly problems. His fins look like they're healing up already.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store