Safe Ich med for Clown Loaches?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Tay690

Addicted to Loaches
Feb 5, 2009
yah that was like the perfect end to my week I swear...makes me feel like i'm actually doing something right for a change lol

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
:thumbsup:

Tay690

Addicted to Loaches
Feb 5, 2009
thought I'd throw in an update

So with 7 days with no medication and only soaking the CL's food with garlic guard in the mornings

Half of the big guys spots are gone already...the fish are healthy and active and are not hiding 24 hours a day! this garlic guard is by far the best product I've used and I highly recommend it if anyone sees changes in their fishes behaviour with no physical signs of illness / infection

it really is amazing how much more active and healthy the CL's are and I've only been using the Garlic Guard for about 6 days now

I will give the garlic guard 2 more days to clean up the remaining spots off the big guy...so far I have not seen a single spot on any of the other clown loaches or cory's in my tank...but as soon as 1 pops up on one of the other CL's / Cory's I will continue with the ichattack for another 10 days

Thank god I'm at the end of this treatment...everything is alive and healthy

Special thanks to everyone who read / gave input and showed general interest

Special Special thanks to Melody for her research / input and keeping up to date on the thread constantly

SLINGBLADE uh huh

Sincerely,
Taylor

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
just a stupid note that may not be related. i have no idea how this relates to fish at all mind you. basically i am thinking outloud in type here.

i was doing some research for my mom today on flea treatments. she's in a new house that had a disgusting owner and some bad neighbors. i came across some info on garlic. seems it disrupts the reproductive system in fleas. seems it has some side effects in dogs also and is not recommended especially if the dog is in heat or carrying a litter.

note please once more that i am not sure at all when it comes to fish. i believe you had mentioned the spots on the head which are some sort of sexual maturity indicator if they're not ich. the first thought i had once i read garlic was about dogs and fleas. i was wondering if there is any info out there pertaining to garlic, it's extracts and fish in relation to fertility.

just a thought.

Tay690

Addicted to Loaches
Feb 5, 2009
that honestly doesn't surprise me much...garlic seems to work wonders for all types of living creatures...as well as an actibacterial

that's strange that dogs can't have it in any small doses...I wonder why that is

lets hope it doesn't have that affect on my CL's or I'll never put an end to the breeding in captivity mystery :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store