1. Please double check and update your email address --> http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/index.php?account/contact-details
    Dismiss Notice

Sailfin Tang

Discussion in 'Surgeonfish' started by Ace25, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Ace25

Ace25
    Expand Collapse
    www.centralcoastreefclub. com

Nov 17, 2015
    Just bought a baby sailfin tang, about 1.5", to help combat my hair algae infestation. I couldn't pass it up for $15 and within 5 minutes of going in my 29G tank it started eating the hair algae. Once it does a good job in that tank and shows no sign of ich (my 29G is my pseudo QT tank before things go into my 75G) I will transfer it to my 75G to work on the problem there. If I get to that point where it has cleaned both tanks and still healthy I will give it to a local reefer with a more suitable tank since I don't feel I have a tank suitable for long term living conditions for a Tang. If I can get a $15 tang to solve a problem I have spent hundreds of hours myself manually trying to remove by hand only to have it come back it will have been the best $15 I have spent in this hobby. LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cheech

Cheech
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 6, 2015
    nice fish! My sailfin is constantly grazing on rocks for algae. Good luck with it.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. xsdbs

xsdbs
    Expand Collapse
    AC Members

Mar 17, 2015
    nice looking fish there Ace

Collapse Signature Expand Signature