Sale: Channa Ornatipinnis - Rare - UK ONLY

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwddboy

An Oddball Man
Apr 8, 2006
I have the opportunity to purchace either 8, 16, 24 etc. of these stunning, newly found and newly described fish. :grinyes:

They will be wild caught and so good sized already, not small and weedy.

Places like Wildwoods and Ebay currently sell these fish for about £120-£160 (SEE FOR YOURSELF THE PRICES... CLICK HERE) and as soon as the ban on importing Channa comes into effect in August the prices of these fish will shoot up. We have already seen an increase in prices as shops know people are willing to pay more to get their hands on the last imported ones and so the prices for these fish will only increase. (It will be perfectly legal to own these fish and to sell within the country, importing them from another country will be the only illegal thing). These fish are mouth brooders and are likley to breed in the home aquaria if happy and in the right conditions and in a large enough tank. If you get this then these fish will make you a lot of money come August.

People say these fish need cooler water, and it is true that they were originally found in cooler streams, they have however also now been found in warmer pools and in all kinds of waters. This means that you can really keep them in a variety of tank setups, however, I reccomend medium-fast flowing water, lots of hiding places and perhaps plants (real or fake). Having said that, my channa also love having space to swim around openly. Hiding places are essential if you plan to breed them however.

So - If you want to own one/some of these fish I severly reccomend buying now, either to reap the rewards come August, keep the Snakehead population alive in the UK or to just own one of these amazing fish.

I am planning to buy some for myself but need others to say they will also buy for me to put the order in.

I am offering these out at £50 for 4" fish (thats about £100 off what you would buy them at in shops and nothing compared to how much they will be in 3 months) and £79 for 8" fish and would rather I got the shipment and you collected from me but I can also ship (ethically, with polystyrene, oxygen, heat packs etc. Remember: these are darn hardy fish) if you are willing to pay for this service (shouldnt be TOO much). I'm not looking to make a profit on selling these fish - I simply can't house all of the ones that I need to buy if I want them at such a good price. The fish will all be checked, hospitalised and medicated for potential disease before I let people take them from me so you can know that they will be of top health. I will also supply a care sheet from my knowledge of these fish. I can also supply enough food for a few feedings so you can feed it before going out to buy food.

I live in Somerset UK - this is good to know if you want to arrange pickup. :p:

Either PM me with your email address and offer or reply to this post and I will PM you(please dont post your email addresses on the forum though... that will only lead to spam mail if you want me to contact you by email - PM me)

Thanks - Hope we have some interest. :dance2:

guitarkev13

help the cause donate to EZLN
Jun 17, 2007
i would so take that if it could be shipped to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store