Sand now added

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

frazin78

AC Members
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
Sand now added, need a clean up crew

I just added 60 lbs of sand to my tank... WOW... that took me about 3 hours in total to move everything around, clean the sand really good and put everything back into place. with 3 inches of sand all over. :)

First of all, I love the look it gives.. It looks really clean and adds some color to the tank. Now I would need some critters that will eat and clean the sand. I included the list of my fish and the list of what I was thinking of adding. Please let me know if anyhtings not compatible or is too difficult to keep.

1 Yellow Tang 3.5"
1 Porcupine Puffer 2"
1 Damsel 1"

What I was planning on putting in the tank was...

1- Brittle star fish... ( I had one of these before but he just disapeared for no reason at all, I am a little skeptic to trying one again.

5- Nassarius snails

3- Blue legged Hermit crabs with a dozen empty shells.

2- Oliva Snails

I am hoping that my puffer won't get any of these but if anyone has advice please let me know.

Thanks

Last edited:

kreblak

FDA approval pending
Mar 13, 2003
I've watched a puffer eat, and they love crunchy items like snails and hermits. Maybe a 2" puffer won't eat your clean up crew, but eventually he will grow, and then no one is safe! ;) Seriously, though, be careful with puffers and inverts.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store