Sand sifting gobies

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dewilde2

Illinifish
Aug 8, 2006
St Louis
Well, the only fish my hubby has ever shown any interest is the diamond goby. My friends with a much larger reef have one and I love how clean their sand looks, and obviously the goby is very comical.

Trouble is, I only have a 24g nano cube. I have read that the diamond gobies get 6", which seems a little big. My LFS suggested a two spot/twin spot goby which they didn't have in stock, and my research showed that they don't do that well in captivity.

Current habitants of my little reef are currently two clowns and a clown goby. I don't have a fuge or sump. Any suggestions on an appropriate sized, hardy sand sifter? Thanks!

cam191919

AC Members
Apr 8, 2008
Tallahassee FL
the twin spot is a watchmen goby, which is a decent sized group of fish. look into other species like yellow or tiretrack watchmen gobies

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
I would just get a baby diamond spotted goby...mine hasn't seemed to grow a centimeter in the year and a half I've had him. I guess they are slow growers? Yes, they keep the sand bed clean and yes they are very comical!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store