Saved a betta from THE CUP

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I popped into a Petco today while I was getting a state inspection done on the car. Man is it depressing to see the stacks of betta cups sitting there. The poor things look like they're dead in those tiny cups. I have no idea how they can possibly maintain them like that. You want to buy them... but you don't want to support it either.

OTOH, It's amazing how lively a betta is in a community tank.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
I just got my neons in my 10 gal today. Already in the tank. Im surprised to say that all my petco neons lived. I asked for 10 and i have 13 :) now im gonna wait 2 or so week and get either another betta or a honey gourami. I wanna try a betta but im afraid hell be agressive towards my other fish. But they definately are amazing fish once their true colors and personalities come out

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Yeah, this Petco had neons in today as well (they're usually out of them). 5 for $5.

I don't think you'd have to worry about a betta being aggressive towards anything, unless it's another male betta or something similarly sized/colored with big flowing fins. AFAIK, you have to worry more about other fish in the tank being too nippy towards the betta.

Joel

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Very true. and lol i was surpised my petco had neons today. The 5 for 5 deal saved me quite a few bucks( for gas) plus i only paid for 10 and got 3 free :D even more surprisingly they all survived. I was taking a look at the bettas and i noticed a beautiful king betta. He was big and expensive( for a betta) i also noticed they were selling baby bettas. I was thinking about buying a baby and watching him grow but i felt that i should wait and let the tank adjust to the larger bioload first.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store