Saw this tank for sale, good deal?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
The tank is still up and running, the guy said everything is in working order. I think he's just tired of taking care of it, as evidenced by the water level being so low. Plus it looks like he didn't do much research and just threw stuff in there, the live rock isn't even really arranged. :thm:

kahlua

AC Members
Feb 11, 2010
Seems like a good deal to me stands alone are expensive so you cant go wrong with the whole setup!! But def take a look at it first looks to me like a good buy!! Scrubs that badboy clean your ready to rock!

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
Picked up the tank today, it's in awesome shape! The guy just changed the lamps a couple of months ago. He's being relocated to Alaska (Air Force) and that's why he sold the tank. I'm going to spend the afternoon cleaning it up, rinsing the sand and LR, etc. I'll be taking the pencil urchin to the LFS.

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
Congrats on a good deal, and welcome to the ever increasing addictive world of SW. :y220e: :hypnotized:

BoJangles

AC Members
Apr 24, 2008
RI
a great way to take off Coraline algae is to use a very weak solution of vinegar and water

ohh and welcome...this hobby is to addicting

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
Thanks guys! I'm hoping to get the hang of maintaining a sw tank, then when I move next year I can get into reefkeeping with a larger tank.

Found these guys when I was cleaning out the sand...I think they're a fireworm. Should I put them back in the tank or dispose of them?

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
we have a few bristle worms in our live rock put them back in. They eat excess food and detritus.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Oh, they can bite though, don't tough them with your bare hands. I learned that the hard way :D

Welcome to the always fun hobby of Salt Water Lab!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store