Scared clowns?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FeatherDuster

AC Members
Mar 24, 2007
lol...mine started off hosting a powerhead...of all the places....

Niko
Hehehe thats probably an interesting sight. You must have an entergentic clown. Mine is active, but too lazy to fight water currents all day. Its probably why he doesn't bother trying to stay horizontal while sleeping. Instead its a lazy vertical slant.

trainedkilla

trainedkilla
Aug 13, 2007
Fort Mitchell, AL
www.myspace.com
lol

Mine hosted a powerhead too! I thought it was halarious!

Yash

Trance Addict
Nov 2, 2006
Knoxville, TN
My clowns stayed in the farthest corner for a good week or two before exploring the rest of the tank. Even during feeding time, they would grab a mouthful from the opposite corner of the tank, and then dart back to their corner, finish it and do the same thing over again! Now, they're happily swimming all over the tank.

Regarding hosting, they both hosted my heater for the longest time ... then they moved onto my Xenias ... now one of them is hosting my torch coral, and boy is she protective of it or what ... does not let the other little guy come anywhere close to it! The other clown is now sort of hosting the frogspawn in the tank, but at night, he back to the heater!

So, there's no telling what they'll host ... like some others pointed out, don't get a particular coral/nem etc with the hope that they will host it, cos there really is no guarantee at all.

Cheers!
Yash

Kodiak

Lovin it
Aug 13, 2007
Columbus, OH
My clowns seem to have no fear or resevers and they have been in for an hour or so...

They will move there tail fins very fast in the sand and stir it up then swim around. One is swiming up and down the glass looking at himself while the other kind of sits back and watchs him. they both seem to like to play in the current. They have explored the LR and the open waters, but perfer to stay away from the LR.

MarineDream

AC Members
Mar 25, 2007
Tampa, Florida
Can I steal a question in here about hosting? :)

I bought a bubble coral not too long ago. My clown (untill now) has had nothing to call home, but since I got the bubble, he hasn't even really looked at it. Will he never "try it out" so to speak or how much time does it usually take a clown to get comfy?

ooja3k

AC Members
Jul 3, 2007
San Luis Obispo
No well "they" until i took one out to quarantine would hang up like in 1 corner all day... so far they have been in there like 3 days... 1 day both swim here, next day the both swim there, next day one is swimming in a new place... and the other is in quarantine...

its like they are scared of the LR... they were tank raised so maybe that explains it...

FeatherDuster

AC Members
Mar 24, 2007
No well "they" until i took one out to quarantine would hang up like in 1 corner all day... so far they have been in there like 3 days... 1 day both swim here, next day the both swim there, next day one is swimming in a new place... and the other is in quarantine...

its like they are scared of the LR... they were tank raised so maybe that explains it...
Mine spent one entire month in the upper corner of the tank. I got her as a very young Tank Raised clown. At first I thought, "I gave up my damsel for this?" But soon she really took over the tank. She now acts like she owns it. I see her tipping over hermits, pushing up sand and hunting pods. A week or two usually isn't considered a long time frame in determining a fish's personality. I also tricked my clown into investigating different areas by spot feeding in certain areas of the tank. But usually that only works when the clown knows that the dropper means food and no harm.

I also tried the light trick. By turning of the lights and shinning a flashlight in different areas of the tank. That didn't really help me, but I know it worked for some people. Nothing really happened when I did it. I just saw some scary night time creatures. Yucky worms xD

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Hehehe thats probably an interesting sight. You must have an entergentic clown. Mine is active, but too lazy to fight water currents all day. Its probably why he doesn't bother trying to stay horizontal while sleeping. Instead its a lazy vertical slant.
Mine does the same thing.. Swims into a rock crevace and tips his nose down.. Its so funny sometimes when the lights come on in the morning and he's like.. Wow whats that??

The other one has a spot right next to the first, but he is horizontal.. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store