School...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
Wow everyone starts so early. I start the 27th but that may be because it college and not grade school. When I was in high school we started after labor day. I live in Michigan if that makes a difference
I'm from michigan, starting 10th grade after labour day.
in michigan, public schools can't start before labour day.

Tennis practice started a week ago though.
lucky! i have to wait till febuary for tennis.

Zaffy

Why would ******* be censored?
Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
I am getting my Master's in addiction counseling
Oooh, Handy. With the kids already driving me insane after only the 2nd day I've been considering taking up an addiction. Anything you can recommend? Or is it not that kind of counseling?

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
Our flag football started last week, it's not so fun when it's 102 outside...

In sixth grade we got to choose our "electives" But in seventh the teacher decided that we should be forced. (people didn't choose their class and they got jealous...)

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Real Name
Patrick
Oooh, Handy. With the kids already driving me insane after only the 2nd day I've been considering taking up an addiction. Anything you can recommend? Or is it not that kind of counseling?
Fishkeeping isn't enough?

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
The only thing you are forced at my school as an elective is a foreign language for 2 years. My mom is making me take a third. I decided on spanish because it is supposed to be the easiest to learn. But at work today I listened to two coworkers speaking spanish and I was like ???????????????????????????????????? I understood like 3 words out of like 150.

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Real Name
Patrick
I got to experience the joy of physics over the summer...:yuck:

Super pumped I paid to learn things I'm just going to stick in the back of my head now and probably forget.
Jpappy what are you majoring in?

Nereus7

AC Members
Jul 30, 2012
NRD, stick with the spanish. At my last job a guy graduated to manager strictly because he could speak spanish fluently. It was his first language. It's like a gold bar on a resume. Alot of the words sound the same as english once you get an ear for it. You'll pick up on it. My biggest problem is that when you get a natural spanish speaker it's so fast they sound like they're in fast forward, it's a blur- N

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
NRD, stick with the spanish. At my last job a guy graduated to manager strictly because he could speak spanish fluently. It was his first language. It's like a gold bar on a resume. Alot of the words sound the same as english once you get an ear for it. You'll pick up on it. My biggest problem is that when you get a natural spanish speaker it's so fast they sound like they're in fast forward, it's a blur- N
Those words that are recognizable in English are called cognates, it only sounds fast because of how the words are said. Spanish is a great language to know.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store