Sea Chem Plant Products

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

andi872

Purple is my signature color
Nov 12, 2007
Warner Robins, GA
I can’t get these locally; does anyone know the best or preferred place to order these?

andi872

Purple is my signature color
Nov 12, 2007
Warner Robins, GA
what i really wanted to start with was some excet to get some more Co2 in the tank.

1. so the plants can better use the light i have.
2. to cut down on the chances of algae

martialtheory

my hands are never dry
Oct 14, 2007
by macro nutrients, is that trace minerals and other inorganic material?

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
Why would you want to use bulk nutrients. Well here are some numbers.

If you are dosing 60gallons of water with Flourish Potassium you would need 100 ml to get to 20 ppm.

If you are dosing 60 gallons of water with Flourish Phosphorus you would need to dose 48 ml to get to 1 ppm.

If you are dosing 60 gallons of water with Flourish Nitrogen you would need to dose 30 ml to get to 10 ppm.

Flourish Potassium is $6 mail order for 500 ml. So if you dose once a week that bottle will last you 5 weeks. Cost would $1.25 a week to dose potassium.

Flourish Phosphorus is $7.50 mail order for 500 ml. So if you dose once a week that bottle would last you 10 weeks. Cost would be 75¢ a week to dose Phosphorus.

Seachem Nitrogen is $7.50 mail order for 500 ml. So if you dose once a week that bottle will last you 16 weeks. Cost would be 47¢ a week to dose nitrates.

Total cost for one dose a week with Seachem $~2.75. Note there is no shipping factored in here and there are some rounding errors.

To dose the same tank with bulk nutrients.

Nitrates 2¢ a dose.
Phosphates .2¢ a dose. Note that is 5 doses for a penny.
Potassium 4¢ a dose.

Total cost for one dose a week with dry nutrients 6.2¢

Seachem products cost 44X as much per week.
http://www.rexgrigg.com/ferts.htm

best bet is to go pressurized. diy and excel gets costly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store