Semi-aggressive fish for 40 gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
Not semi aggressive but how about giant danios? Grow to 4 inches and are fast.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Too big for 40g. They swim heavily and quickly, needing at least a 55g to be happy as adults. Growing them out in there would work.

Reactions: Anders247

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
I was wondering if they are semi aggressive?
In my experience, giant danios can be nippy and they get large. They shouldn't be considered peaceful because of that, but they aren't as territorial as something like a cichlid or as predatory as a catfish or gar. So, they lie in the middle of an "aggressive" and a peaceful fish. I know a lot of people that recommend or use them as dither fish for cichlid tanks because they're quick, large, and not easily stressed.

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
After working at PetSmart for six years I kind of hate the term "semi-aggressive" as it doesn't really tell you much. Giant Danios would probably be considered that though, but that's because they're VERY active, large, and fairly nippy.

eeyipes

AC Members
Jun 11, 2008
Washington IA
I have various colors of tiger barbs in my 36 with rosie barbs.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
Yep there are many colors and variations. Marbled TB, glolight TB, long finned TB, albino TB......That's all I can think of for the moment.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store