Set up for system if $$ was no problem

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

acefred

AC Members
Dec 26, 2004
Ok let's all dream.................

Here is a thread for you all to post your dream (or real) perfect aquarium.

Here is what I would like listed so we can compare.

Size (list volume and dimensions if you want)
Shape
Material
Post a link to a tank even
Type of fish (be general or specific)
Heater(s)
Filter(s)
Decor
Plants
Anything else you want to include.............

And now have at it.................... :D

FL Knifemaker

Arming the Free World
Oct 20, 2004
Central FL
Personally, I wouldn't go over 125 gal. I'd rather have two 125's than one larger tank. To me, the 125 is the optimum max for maintenance and all around upkeep. I've had larger and wouldn't do it again. Soooooooo, make that a 125, Starphire glass, two overflows, Berlin sump, refuge, Tunze everything and a custom skimmer and MH lighting of my own design and build. That would do it. OK, OK, and a second 125, cube shaped, center overflow, walk around style, same sump, etc.

I guess if money was really no object, I'd build my house around a tank similar to the Tampa Aquarium :) One big enough to go scuba diving in :D

Last edited:

random_zooey

AC Members
Jan 27, 2005
Ahhh... these dreams may be modest (I'm sure most of you here already have this set-up, or something like it), but they're mine!

In my dream I've won the lottery. The girl who lives in the apartment next to ours moves out and I rent it, and of course the landlord agrees to let me make our two apartments into one. The second apartment becomes my office ... and where I keep my fish.

I keep the 10g I have in our livingroom, but I take out my goldfish and replace them with something more suitable ... I don't know, a small school of neon tetras, or some African Dwarf Frogs? As to the goldfish I place them in a bigger tank ... lets say 60-100g.

I like my tanks to be the standard glass rectangle, heavily planted, white unbleached gravel, with additional decoration for hiding in. I'd love to have some arrangement where the goldfish tank fit into a wall to wall bookshelf ... I know this is tricky, 'cuz of course I don't want the books wet. But this is a dream, right? Anyway, I'm sure a millionaire could figure something out.

If money were no object, I'd have a California kelp tank like they have at the Birch Aquarium in La Jolla. I could sit there for hours. It would be my reading room with soft places to sit or lie down and hidden sound system for music. Here's a link to the kelp tank that I'm talking about:

http://aquarium.ucsd.edu/learning/learning_res/kelpcam.cfm

aknif

...maybe the Dingo ate your baby!!
Dec 27, 2004
Denver, CO
My 125 gallon now is my dream tank. All my life, i've never had a tank bigger than a 29 gallon. I would always tell my husband that a 125 was my dream tank..... and now I have it!

It's been up and running for 3 months now. Everyone is happy and healthy and I STILL can't stop looking at it! It's everything i've ever wanted!

:dance

pjfish

Fins are Fun!
Feb 10, 2005
America the Beautiful
I like the idea of having a big enough tank to go scuba diving in. Also, I'd have a staff to do all the work.

Matak

Out of the blue!
Jun 18, 2002
Near Toronto
pjfish said:
I like the idea of having a big enough tank to go scuba diving in. Also, I'd have a staff to do all the work.
In a large house with a big basement, I would convert the entire basement into a planted tank about 4' deep. The viewing area would be a flight of stairs into the centre, looking toward the walls, with maybe some passages to the more remote area of the tank :idea2:

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
Matak said:
In a large house with a big basement, I would convert the entire basement into a planted tank about 4' deep. The viewing area would be a flight of stairs into the centre, looking toward the walls, with maybe some passages to the more remote area of the tank :idea2:
I can just see some unwitting guest takeing a peek to see whats behind that door and getting all excited about the flooded basement problem :D

Matak

Out of the blue!
Jun 18, 2002
Near Toronto
SnakeIce said:
I can just see some unwitting guest takeing a peek to see whats behind that door and getting all excited about the flooded basement problem :D
Would James Hoffa make for good substrate?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store