sexing german blue rams

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

flossyfloofloo

AC Members
Apr 14, 2008
nottingham england
how long have u had them it just sounds like a stress issue to me not all male female groups will pair up so the male might not like the female

bs6749

AC Members
Aug 24, 2008
From that description I would say that your ram is sick and I'd take it back and get a new one ASAP. It might not make it through the week. It could be an Asian bred ram and if that's the case I would recommend getting your money back on both of them as they will both likely die in 6 months or less. This is extremely common with Asian bred rams because of the hormones used to color up the fish for quicker sale. They really take a toll on these fish.

DavidZ

AC Members
Sep 20, 2007
NY
bs6749 has a very good point on the Asian bred rams that are sold all over now.

Is your set up new?
Do you have a relationship with this LFS?
Most LFS will have mostly males for sale, at least what I see in my area.
Plus there are so many variations now, you have to know what you are getting before you buy it, do a little research first.

There are sellers here on AC that breed rams and will tell you for sure what you will be buying.

Unless you have a relationship with the LFS it is pure luck on what you will get.

To get a better answer it would be helpful to see what you have in a form of your own image.

What size rams did you get?
Tough to sex them when they are small.

LFS have to sell fish to make money and stay in business!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store