sharing my vacation pictures from Iceland

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lesley

AC Members
Dec 18, 2002
Sacramento/Davis, California
Visit site
Another Icelandic feature that the men will appreciate, the women there are GORGEOUS. A lot of blonde/blue eyed, and a lot of dark hair/blue eyed as well. They all had perfect creamy skin. Must be their diet of fish and yogurt. Also, they were all nicely slender, not overly thin, but very healthy and fit looking. It was pretty unbelieveble that a single country can have that high a ratio of pretty women. It was severely disheartening.

greeneyedlady

Duchess of Comedy
Jul 4, 2002
MD, USA
Lesley darling, it was very heartwarming to see an old friend on, the pictures are wonderful, I wish I could go <sigh>

greeneyedlady

Duchess of Comedy
Jul 4, 2002
MD, USA
A new job, congrats, what are you doing now?

lesley

AC Members
Dec 18, 2002
Sacramento/Davis, California
Visit site
Thanks, GEL.

The new job is a staff position at the University, prepping the teaching labs for the general botany class. It's great, I do a lot of plant collecting and growing, plus I get to go to the coast once per quarter to collect marine algae for class. I deal with pretty much everyone, from students to TA's to professors, so it is both plant and people oriented. Plus, as an added bonus, I have inherited 5 established fish tanks from the woman who retired from this position! Pretty swanky deal all around.

Ayrianth

AC Members
Sep 13, 2004
www.thepewterconnection.com
lesley said:
Thanks, GEL.

The new job is a staff position at the University, prepping the teaching labs for the general botany class. It's great, I do a lot of plant collecting and growing, plus I get to go to the coast once per quarter to collect marine algae for class. I deal with pretty much everyone, from students to TA's to professors, so it is both plant and people oriented. Plus, as an added bonus, I have inherited 5 established fish tanks from the woman who retired from this position! Pretty swanky deal all around.

SWEET! Do they have any other openings?

greeneyedlady

Duchess of Comedy
Jul 4, 2002
MD, USA
Oh man I'm jealous, course I wouldn"t know where to put 5 more fish tanks if I had them, maybe I could throw the kids out a couple years early and use their rooms :idea2: hehehe

What size are the tanks, and whatcha got in them?

greeneyedlady

Duchess of Comedy
Jul 4, 2002
MD, USA
Yep, well you know my husband asked me the other day if I wanted a 125g tank with stand. He was ready to throw it in the back of the truck and take it home......................................... :eek: I actually told him no :thud: what was I thinking.................But since I already have 3 tanks up and a fourth I am currently settting up and a fifth that is not in use I couldn't think of anyplace to put a 125g :sad I have to be careful where in the house I would put such a biggy since we have a basement and it would have to go over a support beam. I can't put it in the basement because we have a wood burning stove that runs from November to March nonstop just about and it puts out alot of heat, I really don't want fish soup.........So before I get something bigger the kids will just have to go :p Course I have a few years before my oldest will even be close to ready to move out <sigh> oh well

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store