Shot of my show tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
Totally agree that more than one filter is the way to go in terms of servicing/built in redundancy - what sort of water change schedule are you doing ?

What size are the adults ? Will they stay in that tank for life ?

Not meaning to fire questions at you - just curious on the workings of the set up - as you say its unusually heavily stocked for Angels.

dpfhpres

AC Members
Nov 15, 2012
I do at least 5 ten gallon water changes a week. I have cut my water changes down just a bit so the plants get a better chance to take hold. I feed heavily about 4 times a day as most of these guys while breeding age are not full grown yet. I don"t plan on them staying in the tank for life some of them will probably be used from breeding in the future others will probably go on to other breeders but the stocking level will always be about the same as younger fish mature and get added to the tank. The owner of Angels Plus keeps about 1 breeder per gallon in his holding tanks and he has said the water changes are the biggest thing and watching your fish of course to notice if any are getting really picked on.

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
Ah - that was kind of what I figured - that the population would be transient rather than intended to be housed 'for life' in there.

I understand the set-up better now - thanks for that.

Again - I was kind of interested in just clarifying that that sort of approach would be ill advised to someone without appropriate experience who thought they could accommodate 10 - 12 Angels in a 46G corner tank in the long term.

DavidZ

AC Members
Sep 20, 2007
NY
Interesting, feeding 4 times a day, wow
Auto feeder I hope
Daily 10% WTC, sounds ideal, but who has the time!
Do you separate the breeding pairs?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store