should i add anything

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CichlidBoy

AC Members
Sep 21, 2003
Visit site
i really really want to add new fish to my tank but i dont wanna over load it wht do u guys think and if you have n e idea what the difference between a green terror and a royal green terror is please tell me:confused: :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tightdog1

Chinaman Can!
Sep 2, 2002
Clayton/Concord, CA
never ever heard of a royal green terror. is this goin tobe for your 29g. if so i wouldnt get a green terror at all. i would need at least a 55g and probably more like 75g to make him happy.
oh yea and that jaguar in the 45 shopuld be moved soon so u should jsut get a 125 and put both of them in there, IMO.

CichlidBoy

AC Members
Sep 21, 2003
Visit site
thanx but i dont wanna get a new tank and i will just put him in a bigger tank at a later date he should be fine for a while i always overload my tanks i just wanted some advice

DarthV

AC Members
Feb 20, 2003
Fredericton, NB
Visit site
You do know what will be happening when that managuense reaches 6" or so, right? And with the growth rate of those fish, you're looking at the total destruction of the rest of the fish in less than 3 months.

As far as I know there are only 2 varieties of green terrors...the gold and silver saums. Anything else is probably just a gimmick or fish that have been juiced.

mkpeters6

AC Members
Apr 26, 2003
Visit site
Ive heard of the royal gt. All i know is that it is supposed to have more vibrant colors, it could just be certain gt's that r labeled royal for better sales, or there may be an actual difference, im not really sure

peifc

AC Members
Jun 18, 2003
New York
www.peifc.com
*gasp* Jag with Con, Sev, and FM? Oh my! Uhmm...ok...all fishes in that 45g tank have different temperament too.

DarthV is right on one thing, Jag grows big and fast. That 45g tank will not hold Jag down long. Soon Jag will feel he/she needs space. I guess you can imagine what will happen from there.

As for Green Terror...DarthV has answered that question. He is also right about GT will not fit in that 29g tank. However, if you want to know what those 2 GTs look like, check out this site.

www.cichlidscene.com

and go to the Gallery. You will find both of those GTs listed there. Silver Saum is harder to get than Gold. I think Jeff Rapps had few on sales last month.

BTW, I did a search on the website. I couldn't find Royal GT. Where did you learn about this GT?

demon_surfer

MooOOoOOOoO
Jan 28, 2003
Visit site
cichlids are not tetras. this is not overloading it and just having lots of fish. this is overloading it and they are going to kill each other.

very soon your going to end up with either a jag or a convict with everything else dead....and if its the jag it is then going to die from being in a tank it cant even move in.

optix

Rent-a-mod
Dec 30, 2002
Dayton area of ohio
Visit site
im just going to go ahead and support what these guys were saying by asking why you didn't research these fish before buying and if you did, why you thought it would be ok in a tank that small?? That jag can reach an excess of 14" not to mention its down right nasty nature. what made you think you could keep all of those fish together??? Forget the green terror. Forget anything else at the moment. What you need to do is get rid of the jag and start thinking about tetras or something that would better fit your space available.

predatorcichlid

AC Members
Jan 19, 2003
ohio
community.webtv.net
All I'm going to say is IF that cute little Jagaur is male your in a whole lot of trouble. I can tell you have never see or experienced a fully mature predator guapote like this or you would not have those Feeder cichlids in that tank with him. With a potenial growth rate better than 1 inch per month and those protractile jaws you'll need that 125 in short order. BWT the 125 would be HIS tank if we are talking a male here.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Look Ive done lots of research on Jags. Males could reach a size of 18" and females hit about 12". So a foot to a foot and a half ok. Jags are usually, not always, very aggresive fish. There usually called hyper aggresive fish. These fish can do major damage. A male Jag from what I have read is unforgiving it will not back down from a fight from anyfish. Females I have read are agressive but not as much but my female Jag seems to be very mean very very very hyper aggresive. She would take on any fish or man. Convicts are mean but small fish it could rule the tank if it were to kill the Jag while its small. The severum and firemouth are mean but not as mean as a convict. The smaller the tank the more aggressive fish get ok. The Jag will rule the tank regardless if its a male or a female for a female needs a min tank size of 60gal but bigger is always better a male needs a 90gal at the bare min. These fish will tear each other apart and end up die from beat up or from fungus attacking there wounds stress or amonia levels. I would get a bigger tank for the Jag or take it to a fish store. I would not add anything else for you have the tank overstocked even if it was just a Jag alone. I would suggest you do more research before your next purchase. Read several sites and that will give you the general idea of what could fit where and who they would get along with. I know this is long but hey I had alot to say

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store