Should I get rid of the carbon in my aquaclear?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jkost

AC Members
Jul 18, 2006
Go ahead and take out the charcoal. Its useless by this time. As for your biomedia sticking out of the water, that is fine, infact it helps it. I would replace your charcoal with another biomedia.
100% agree.all my tanks use ac.s and over the years have learned in my experience anyway. that what works best for me is no sponges.a few pot scrubbers on the bottom and the rest bio max.wow what a difference in the water.Crystal clear all the time.but i do have a home made mechanical filter attached to all the power heads.but i think the extra bio is the key.

clawlan

Don't harass the sea turtles!
Dec 29, 2006
Atlanta, GA
100% agree.all my tanks use ac.s and over the years have learned in my experience anyway. that what works best for me is no sponges.a few pot scrubbers on the bottom and the rest bio max.wow what a difference in the water.Crystal clear all the time.but i do have a home made mechanical filter attached to all the power heads.but i think the extra bio is the key.
pot scrubbers? This crazy techno babble....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store