Shrimp in Brackish tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

PJGirl112

AC Members
Feb 22, 2005
Rockford, IL
Holy cow...it's been awhile since I have logged in! Just as a refresher I am cycling my tank towards 1.005 BW for the gobies and added some "feeder shrimp" to try to even out the bio-system in there. One of the shrimp was carrying shrimp babies and those were quicly eaten by my 7 gobies (good, cheap meal in my opinion).

When my hydrometer hit 1.0 the water started to cloud...so much so that I was horrified that I may lose my gobies. I did 8 emergency water changes in those three days...adding more FW mix than SW. And luckily I didn't lose a shrimp or a goby during that time although they were all breathing heavy. Today, I did a 30% water change adding (again, which is less than I have been) 1 tsp/gallon of sea salt and the gobies are so happy--swimming around and eating. I just have to say that these gobies are cute, but they are allot of work...very sensitive little fish.

I am still determined to get that tank to BW at some point, but probably more slowly than 0.02/week with I was told was an OK shift. I tell you, I have learned so much about fish in the short time I have been on this website...thanks to all you fish nuts out there!

Oddball~

Brackhead
Nov 18, 2004
Dallas, TX
That's good to know. It's been several weeks since I've been on , too. At least, It feels like several weeks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store