shrimp turning white

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mikefung

AC Members
Oct 27, 2009
are these what their eggs look like? destroyed all of em ( i hope) dont want them to kill my first batch of shrimplets

Yadokari

AC Members
Feb 10, 2008
Pond snail eggs, those are harmless to shrimp. They're just annoying :p

Steverd

AC Members
Sep 10, 2005
Spokane, WA
YES Dragonfly Nymph, it will KILL and eat your shrimp.
I know I had two of them this year. REMOVE immediately!!

Steve

good day folks, 2 of my shrimps gave birth to 4 shrimplets as of my last visible count hehe, 3 are showing signs of pregnancy (the white ones i reported) and hope to build a big colony, however, can someone please identify this thing thats really bothering me? its like a spider or an insect, i poked it with a chopstick and it moved! i thought it was just a dead spider that fell on my tank. i spotted 2 of these things and i really want to kill it now! thanks a lot

mikefung

AC Members
Oct 27, 2009
they just dont seem to die! i killed almost 10 of them bugs and they keep on showing up! might as well transfer the shrimps to a new tank. i really wonder how they managed to show up in my aquarium? i live in a condo, 7th floor, never opened the windows..

mikefung

AC Members
Oct 27, 2009
update: i transfered all my shrimp to a new 20gallon tank, removed all plants for the meantime i isolated all my plants in the present tank so i can exterminate the nymphs hehe. by the way, 2 of the 3 shrimps i have have eggs already and my shrimplets are all gone probably eaten by the nymphs hehe.

thanks for all your advice

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store