Siamese Algae Eater and Black Beard Algae

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

HybridHerp

AC Members
Jun 8, 2012
New York (Long Island)
How are they ate eating algae when they are larger though? And do they eat moss?

I always get mixed responses about this, but I've been considering getting a small group to grow out to help me fight the BBA in my 75 (because its getting to be way to much of a pain to remove 100%)

Byron Amazonas

AC Members
Jul 22, 2013
Pitt Meadows (within Greater Vancouver, BC) Canada
Real Name
Byron
How are they ate eating algae when they are larger though? And do they eat moss?

I always get mixed responses about this, but I've been considering getting a small group to grow out to help me fight the BBA in my 75 (because its getting to be way to much of a pain to remove 100%)
Rather than aquiring fish that have needs and issues, it would be best to deal with the cause of the brush algae. It is easy to control once you have the light and nutrients balanced for the plant load.

Byron.

HybridHerp

AC Members
Jun 8, 2012
New York (Long Island)
Rather than aquiring fish that have needs and issues, it would be best to deal with the cause of the brush algae. It is easy to control once you have the light and nutrients balanced for the plant load.

Byron.
That is true, but its hard to remove what is already there, hence why I don't mind the idea of SAE to help out with that. Plus, I do like how they look.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store