Sick Fantail...Help!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
I have nothing to offer except to assure you that from everything I've read on the forums you couldn't get better advice from anyone than Flaringshutter or Kashta on goldies! I have learned so much from their posts and their fish are gorgeous! Good luck with your little fantail. They can be frustrating, especially with SBD, but hang in there! They're worth all the trouble you go through! And hey, welcome to AC!

ginaf1588

AC Members
Mar 27, 2009
Thanks to the all the well wishers and encouragement. Here's an update on Abby. She is still hanging in there. At this point, I'm not so sure if that's a good thing. I started Melafix on April 4th and treated her for 6 days with no change. I did a 50% water change on Friday and about a 25% water change on Saturday. Then tried one dose of Fungus Clear but still no change. I've done 2 more 50% water changes since Saturday. I've been feeding her small amounts of chopped peas, soaked sinking shrimp pellets, and Omega One goldfish flakes. I purchased fast dissolving Maracyn-Two and T.C. Tetracycline but haven't used either, just keeping on hand for now. Left messages with a few vets but haven't gotten any return calls yet. Have I exhausted all possible remedies? :confused:

Flaringshutter

Befriend a feeder!
Oct 17, 2006
Southern California
It sounds like you've tried just about everything. Be sure to call the vets a second time. They probably don't hear from goldfish owners often and so some will disregard it as a fluke or won't follow up if they don't hear from you again. I always try to find out when the vet will be able to call me back - even just a vague estimate like Tuesday or within a few days. Offer an email address, too - that way you can send in photos and the vet can reply after hours, too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store