Sick Fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
You may well have heard right, but the person from whom you heard it was incorrect. I see part of the problem has to do with that...

optix

Rent-a-mod
Dec 30, 2002
Dayton area of ohio
Visit site
Originally posted by spinner
no. i heard as long as you change under 50 percent you dont have to

haha man, poor guy. Or should I say poor fish. ahhh that is one hell of a mess ya got on your hands man. Definatly need to take 3 of those back and start over AFTER YOU CYCLE. And yes you have to treat water straight from the tap even if its a cup full. I still contains harmful metals and chemicals to even risk putting in untreated. Or you can do like I do and have your water sitting out for about a week and do your water change with aged water if you have the space.

optix

Rent-a-mod
Dec 30, 2002
Dayton area of ohio
Visit site
Originally posted by ChilDawg
Aged water doesn't work for chloramination.

Did not know that. I was always told it was fine and I've never had a single problem in the past 6 years of my fishkeeping experience. Im not saying your wrong at all, but if thats the case then chloramine must not be too deadly.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
I'll go with another explanation...not all municipalities put chloramine in their water...most just use straight chlorination, I believe. I'm guessing that yours does not chloraminate, or does so at a very low level.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store