Sick Fish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

speedykeys

AC Members
Oct 23, 2007
I have never had a fish with this problem in the past 2 years I've had this aquarium, but from what I've read on this forum I believe this fish might have ick? A few days ago I noticed the top fin looked like it had a small hole in it, then today I noticed the bottom one had it as well. Started thinking this might also be fin rot but then when I was taking these pics a few minutes ago I noticed a big white spot on his belly. He seems to act and eat normal, but I've read about a lot of people who would qt their fish in this case, only I have no qt tank. Do you guys think I should keep him and try and treat whatever this is or bring him back to the store and let them try and take care of him? I really don't want my other 2 fish to get this sickness. Btw I've had this fish and the other 2 (long nosed hawk and clown) for a long time and haven't added a new fish in quite some time, how do you think this fish could have gotten this sickness? Thanks for any advice/help.

IMG_3686.JPG IMG_3688.JPG

brackeeper75

Slave To The Fishes!
Feb 23, 2008
Kissimmee, Florida
www.scotts-place.com
The fish doesn't look like it has Ich(crypt) to me. Crypt looks like the fish has been rolled in salt. Little grains! These are not like that from what I can tell in the picture. I would look at some different things what are all of your test results? Also Temp salinity and flow? What are you feeding (detailed please)?

speedykeys

AC Members
Oct 23, 2007
Sg-1.025, Nitrate-10, Nitrite-0, Phosphate-0, Mg-1300, Ca-400, Alk-10, pH-8.3, Ammonia- 0, Temp always 78-79 degrees, Feed them small amount of mysis once a day, the only additives I've been using in the water is Kent Marine Liquid Reactor to raise Ca, Mag and Alk (maybe once every week and a half, when I do my water changes), and I use Reef Solution every day (2.5 mL, recommended dose). For the flow I have a Rio 1400 for return and a Hydro Koralia nano power head behind the rocks for some flow back there. It's a 24g nano tank.

brackeeper75

Slave To The Fishes!
Feb 23, 2008
Kissimmee, Florida
www.scotts-place.com
Unfortunately, I would have to say that this is probably a symptom of poor feeding/lack of nutrition. I would get some different types of foods and mix it up a bit. Always feeding the same thing generally doesn't work in our home aquariums. Break it up and mix it up a bit. I use myisis, brine, omivore frozen something or another, formula one and formula two pellets, algae on a clip, some other pellet i cant remember the name of, reef bugs once a week, phytoplankton once a week, and coral vibrance once a week. I never feed the same thing two days in a row. The lack of proper nutrition can lead to color loss and disease/illness in fish. FYI I am not saying to feed more, just to feed different.

speedykeys

AC Members
Oct 23, 2007
Thanks for the advice, tomrrow i'll take your list of foods and see if I can get a few of them and I'll start mixing it up.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky

speedykeys

AC Members
Oct 23, 2007
Well I just wanted to update this and say that over the past 2 weeks I've been soaking the frozen mysis in GVH fish food soak and the goby seems to have fully recovered. I'm also mixing in some flake food every once and a while but the fish seem to mainly like the mysis soaked in the garlic stuff. Thanks again for all the advice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store