sick oto!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Aeris

AC Members
Jul 11, 2007
I just bought some test kits and tested the water. The Nitrite level is 0.3 mg per liter, the test kit didn't detect any ammonia, and the pH level is around 7.3.

Every time I check on my oto it looks like it's getting sicker. I really don't want this one to die, I've had it for so long in my other tank. :headshake2:

NeonJulie

Worlds' Worst Mafia Voter
Nov 13, 2006
Everett, WA
You should try to get the nitrites out, through a water change.

I sympathize with you, I unexpectedly found one of my Otos dead today, first death in a long time.

hitman12131976

Resident Calculus Teacher
Apr 30, 2007
Covina, CA
www.eosclan.com
Water change to reduce the trites.

Aeris

AC Members
Jul 11, 2007
I was thinking of moving it back to the other tank, but when the symptoms just suddenly appeared, and my other tank isn't as clean as before since I've moved two of the filters out.

I also went to talk to the fish store yesterday, and the guy working there suggested that it might cause it more stress if I move it back to the old tank, so I didn't. He doesn't seem to know what could be wrong with it, but I'm going to bring in some of my water for him to test it.

I checked on it this morning, it's still alive, but the redness is spreading. Makes me sad because it looks painful =_=

Aeris

AC Members
Jul 11, 2007
It died just yesterday, I was thinking of putting it in a container and freezing it in the freezer because it looked like it was in so much pain. (remember a lady told me that it's a painless death for them if I freeze the water like that) but I couldn't make myself do it.

I also bought medication for it too since it looked like it had lots of diseases maracyn (I think that's how you spell it) treats. But still it didn't do anything. Looked up what kind of diseases there are and I think that there's this disease that have bacteria growing inside the intestines but couldn't find a cure for it online.

Oh well.. I just hope that it doesn't happen to anything else. ^^

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store