Sick Pl*co?! HELP!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cb93lx

AC Members
Mar 6, 2003
Visit site
My common pl*co has gotten a huge belly over the past couple of days! It's the only one I have and I feed him algae wafers! I haven't fed him any fresh greens, so could that be the problem? He's hasn't been eating at all lately and he just hangs around in the corner at the bottom! Please help and thank you!!

cb93lx

AC Members
Mar 6, 2003
Visit site
Thanks a lot! I'll give the peas a try! Is that all it could be though? I just want to make sure so I can keep a lookout for anything else.

cb93lx

AC Members
Mar 6, 2003
Visit site
Well, sad to say but my Egyore died this morning. I fed him some peas last night like suggested but he didn't eat them and I found him this morning. :( Next time I'll pay more attention and feed him fresh veggies in the beginning. Thanks for the vice though!

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Sorry to hear of his passing.

It is important to feed a variety of foods, at all times. Many plecos require woody sources as well--driftwood works well. It's best to just feed a variety of foods all the time, than to try to correct a deficiency quickly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store