Sick Plec

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kev

AC Members
Feb 26, 2003
Cornwall
Visit site
I noticed that one of my plecs was hanging around in mid water a bit more than usual and thought there may be a swim bladder problem. I went to bed that night thinking that I'll read up on swimbladder problems the next evening. When I got home from work the following day the plec was dead. From noting the plec swimming mid water to being dead was about 3 days.
I also have an oscar, severem and another plec in the tank. The oscar and severem look fine but the other plec is now swimming mid water all the time.
Can anyone help with what might be the problem. I may only have a couple days to sort this out.
Thanks for any replies,
Kev.

valerie

AC Members
Apr 18, 2001
Edmonton, AB
How long have you had the pleco?What kind is it? What parameters do you keep it in?Has it been eating

If it is a fancy pleco and it showed signs of bloated/sunken stomach it could be parasites.Fancy plecos are usually all wild caught and most likely come with internal parasites.

I"m no pleco expert but don't plecos not have swim bladders?atleast not swim bladders like other fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store