Silent canisters, REALLY?!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

yehoshua

AC Members
Jul 11, 2005
Israel
All this talk about Eheims and Filstars being so so silent... are you guys talking about them when consealed in a cabinet behind closed doors, or outside any cabinet? Of course they would be much quieter in a cabinet.

is300zx

AC Members
Jan 1, 2006
my eheim is quiet whether in or out of the cabinet. you have to have your ears right next to it to hear any humming noise.

yehoshua

AC Members
Jul 11, 2005
Israel
Wow. I've an Eheim Pro 2, and it's quiet but not 1200- shekels- worth-of- quiet. [Israeli currency]. I mean, it hums (quietly)(But not absolutely quiet).

cshepard

AC Members
Jun 17, 2005
Vancouver Is. BC
I can't hear my Eheim2026 even when I put my ear right ON it. The only way I can tell it's running is to look at the outflow.

Granted it's less than 6 mo. old, maybe they develop a slight hum as they wear a bit?

webcricket

(So chill.) No wonder it's freezing
Mar 22, 2006
Syracuse, NY
I have two of the 2213s running out in the open in my bedroom, and there is no noise whatsoever. You might have something loose in yours if you can hear noise. I've read something before about the ceramic impeller shaft cracking and causing a bit of a rattle. That part is replaceable. Just a thought. :huh:

Cityfish

AC Members
Aug 13, 2006
The ballasts and fans on my lighting system are much…much louder then my eheim filters and my fans are fairly quiet….

is300zx

AC Members
Jan 1, 2006
I have pro II 2028 that's about 8 years old and it's as quiet as ever. I have a fluval 404 next to it and I can definetly here the fluval humming from a few feet away.

Marinemom

AC Members
Apr 8, 2006
I have two eheim classic 2215s going now for almost four years and they have been as quiet as can be. I just put the same filter on another tank a couple months ago and that one is just as quiet. In fact I have to walk up to them and check them to make sure that they are still working. That's how quiet they are.

Marinemom

jeffs99dime

"YOU'RE GONNA WANT THAT COWBELL!!!"
Oct 29, 2006
NEW JERSEY
i have to actually touch my eheim to see if it's still working it's so **** quiet!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store