Silicone curing time?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
You were already advised to wait longer. I agree that extra curing time is important to make sure that all the fumes are gone. I don't take risks with my fish.

In the end, it is your tank and your fish, so do what you want, since you don't want to take the advice to wait longer.

Kristina

Jspigs

There is always more to learn
Aug 5, 2009
Massachusetts
Real Name
Jacob
You were already advised to wait longer. I agree that extra curing time is important to make sure that all the fumes are gone. I don't take risks with my fish.

In the end, it is your tank and your fish, so do what you want, since you don't want to take the advice to wait longer.

Kristina

The reason I put the filter in without waiting longer is because I was getting conflicting instructions from people on here so I decided to listen to the instructions and hope for the best.

By the way my fish is doing fine.

RodInCALIFORNIA

EBAY ADDICT !
Aug 5, 2008
CALIFORNIA
Real Name
ROD
if you didnt want to wait, why bother posting? when most said to wait a few days even tho you looked for every excuse to ignore others advice and experience.

TechAquaria

AC Members
Sep 3, 2009
The reason I put the filter in without waiting longer is because I was getting conflicting instructions from people on here so I decided to listen to the instructions and hope for the best.

By the way my fish is doing fine.
To give you some "context" to view/evaluate my views in, you are speaking so someone here who regularly injects 5ml of 5% acetic acid into 10g of water to lower PH and provide carbon to plants (and, of course, more if needed.)

I have no way of measuring it, but after 24 hours, and rinsing, it would be hard for me to logic out how silicone joints could supply more acetic acid than that.

Regards,
TA

Last edited:

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Mine still had the vinegar smell after 48 hours so I waited a couple more days.No big deal & I won't have to reseal due to impatience. Up to you...

Jspigs

There is always more to learn
Aug 5, 2009
Massachusetts
Real Name
Jacob
I took the DIY filter out a little while ago.

I have resorted to using an old filter with extra carbon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store