Silly Clown and Hammer

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bowser7of9

Bowser
Nov 16, 2007
Victoria, BC Canada
It looks like Ernie has given up, and the hammer looks better for it.

For the record Burt is the Lady of the Tank. Burt actually had a sex change, you see Ernie is actually Ernie 2 but I didn't tell him so he just doesn't know any better.

They do have awesome personalities!!!

If he tries again I'll post some pics.

FeatherDuster

AC Members
Mar 24, 2007
For the record Burt is the Lady of the Tank. Burt actually had a sex change, you see Ernie is actually Ernie 2 but I didn't tell him so he just doesn't know any better.
:rofl: Clown fish are appropriately named. They will always be my favorite marine fish species.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
I personally go against having clowns host any type of colt or flowerpot coral because it causes the coral its self to partially retract. that causes the coral to lower its surface matter and water filtering abilities. and it simply bugs the coral because they arent used to being hosted or being rubbed up on.
Well while I intend on getting a 'nem for the clowns eventually, Lenny decided on his own after about two weeks of it being in the tank that the the Colt Coral was going to be her home. I wouldn't even have the foggiest idea how to get her to quit hosting in the coral as when my hand comes any where near her home she goes after my hand.

The coral doesn't seem to have any ill effects from the hosting it really only closes into itself during the evening (lights out) and I haven't noticed anything wrong with Lenny herself.. But thats not to say something won't happen.

I do appreciate the information you have provided however and will look for any indications or problems with either.

bowser7of9

Bowser
Nov 16, 2007
Victoria, BC Canada
Ernie is at it again, here are some pics.

On a sad note Burt is no longer with us. He must have gotten wind of his sex change or something. He was doing his best to escape when I looked in on them this morning, he managed to jump out of the tank and he was not successful at swimming on the carpet.

Now for those pics of Ernie.

Host 1.jpg

Host 2.jpg

Host 3.jpg

Host 4.jpg

Host 1.jpg Host 2.jpg Host 3.jpg Host 4.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store