Six Tetras...What else to add??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Tempest

AC Members
Jun 8, 2002
Wichita, KS
<looks confused> Your other thread about the tank seems to indicate it isn't cycled yet. I'd give it a while more before I got to buying more fish. :) I would wait a couple of weeks. That should give the tank time enough to finish getting the nitrites to 0 and to clear up the water. If you look at some of Wetmans posts, he is really informative on all those other things your new tank is growing besides just nitrifying bacteria.

NJ Devils Fan

#1 Devils fan
Oct 28, 2002
Yonkers, NY
members.tripod.com
I pretty much have a tetra tank. I have 6 serpae, 5 neon, 3 red eye, 2 rummynose tetras along with a few plecos and cories. I like the serpaes a lot, they add a lot of color to the tank and are often with one another. On the other hand, I don't care much for the red eyess because all they really do is stay on top in the back and come out when I feed them. Lemon tetras are nice, next time I go to my LFS, I think I will get a few.

Last edited:

daytonaguy1111

AC Members
Jun 15, 2003
daytona beach fl
Visit site
My red eyes do the same thing they hang around the back and the top ...Its good to know im not the only one noticing that....Yeah i think ill try some different tetras ...they can all be mixed right without bothring each other right ?

Tempest

AC Members
Jun 8, 2002
Wichita, KS
I'm not sure of the scientific name but I found another tetra I really like. It's called a Von Rio tetra here. They are shaped like the Serpai but have a body colored gray with darker stripes like a blackskirt tetra but they also are red colored on their bottom sides. Really pretty.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store